[development] User not allowed to access node using node_access

Steve Edwards killshot91 at comcast.net
Tue Apr 8 21:31:09 UTC 2008

So there's no way to override that setting using node_access?  According
to the handy dandy diagram on page 104 of 'Pro Drupal Development' it
looks like node_access is the last thing checked when granting access to
a node.  Is that incorrect, or am I misunderstanding how that process works?

Thanks.

Steve