[development] Being noisy on installation...

Chad Phillips -- Apartment Lines chad at apartmentlines.com
Fri Apr 11 16:21:05 UTC 2008

On Apr 11, 2008, at 1:37 AM, Earl Miles wrote:

> I'm not sure Views originated this technique; but then again, I'm
> not sure it didn't.

i'm pretty sure i was the first person to do this.  which either makes
me a visionary or a bastard depending on how you look at it...  ;)

my personal opinion is that core should be more informative about what
happens for something as important as a module installation.  without
the messages i currently hack into my own modules, the only way a user
knows anything happened at all is by scrolling down the mile long list
of checkboxes, and making sure that their module is now marked as
enabled -- lame.