[development] Test framework in core

Dries Buytaert dries.buytaert at gmail.com
Sun Apr 20 18:27:44 UTC 2008

Hello world,

we just added a test framework to Drupal along with a first batch of
tests for Drupal core!  This is an important milestone for the project
so enable the module and check it out ... :)

Thanks to Rok Žlender, Károly Négyesi, Jimmy Berry, Kevin Bridges,
Charlie Gordon, Douglas Hubler, Miglius Alaburda, Andy Kirkham,
Dimitri13, Kieran Lal, Moshe Weitzman, and the many other people that
helped with testing over the past years and that drove this home.

It all works but it is still rough around the edges (i.e.
documentation is still being written, the coding style is not 100%
yet, a number of tests still fail) but we spent the entire weekend
working on it in Paris and made a ton of progress.  The best way to
help and to get up to speed is to start writing and contributing some
tests ... as well as fixing some of the failures.

Kind regards,

--
Dries Buytaert :: http://buytaert.net/