[development] svn 1.5 supports -p

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Apr 27 06:42:14 UTC 2008

> I must be really lazy, because I don't actually see a description on that page
> of what -p actually does or why I should care vis a vis Drupal...

http://drupal.org/patch/create

Patch readability is very important for the review process and a patch not created with that in mind is likely to be rejected by reviewers. The two best options to accomplish this are the -u option for unified formatting and -p to show the function closest to the difference in the code, making it easy to see what function changed.