[development] RFC: drupal as a moving target

Michelle Cox shellmultimedia at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 13:46:03 UTC 2008

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 6:29 AM, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo <mail at webthatworks.it>
wrote:

> There are things that should be considered obsolete on the drupal
> handbook as the OOP policy and the security policy... and a "myth"
> that the community seems to be proud of: Drupal is a moving target
> and we aren't scared to break the API.

This isn't a myth. Drupal _is_ a moving target. It sounds to me like you
want to change the docs from how things are to your vision of how things
should be. That would make the docs inaccurate as the policy isn't going to
suddenly change because a doc page does.

As far as I know, the OOP policy hasn't changed, either, but I'm not deep
enough into dev to know for sure. What's wrong with the security policy? The
rest of your post is just a complaint about Drupal breaking backwards
compatability and doesn't actually explain what you think is obsolete about
either the OOP or security policies.

Michelle