[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is amuch better choice?

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 5 19:15:32 UTC 2008

Steve Scotten said:
> Bottom line: I have no desire to become any sort of expert or even
> semiexpert in version control. I want version control to be a tool
> subservient to my needs rather than a black hole sucking up my time,
> attention, and overtaxed brain cells.

I am pretty certain that I will get no argument from Derek as to my not
being even a semi-expert on CVS.  But I use it and with little trouble.  In
the time you spent writing your email, you could have learned almost
everything you need to maintain a single branch of a module.  Granted,
maintaining more than one branch will take you another 10 minutes to figure
out.

Derek wrote a reply to me that clarified it all much better than anything
else: http://drupal.org/node/197826#comment-649422. I suggest a quick read -
well, okay a careful read.

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP