[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

Steve Scotten steves at splicer.com
Tue Aug 5 21:13:06 UTC 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 1:29 PM, Sam Boyer wrote:

> irrelevant until we've got the technical capability to
> make changing vcs a reality - and consequently, I tend to look on such
> discussions as time that could've been better spent coding :)

That's fair, though if keeping things as they are is the most
desirable course, why bother even pursuing the capability to change?
If the advantages of SVN or some other system are not real advantages
(or at least not for our purposes) then shouldn't we avoid developing
the capability to change vcs?

Hahah. OK, I caught myself saying "we" on a whole aspect that I don't
even want to help with. Forgive me. I'll stop being a buttinsky and go
back to the stuff I've actually volunteered to do. =^)

Thanks,

Steve