[development] Choosing the N number for .install's hook_update_N

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Wed Aug 6 06:47:11 UTC 2008

On Aug 5, 2008, at 12:35 PM, Earnie Boyd wrote:

> Are you saying the documentation is incorrect?

I'm saying the documentation is sufficient, because it's covering the
(overwhelmingly) common case.  Exceptional edge cases for insane and/
or prolific contrib maintainers can diverge slightly from the
documented convention as I've already explained.  I don't believe our
docs should always cover every edge case and exception. That's what
makes them exceptions. ;)

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)