[development] FAQ: Why is Drupal still using CVS when X is a much better choice?

Sam Boyer drupal at samboyer.org
Thu Aug 7 16:49:13 UTC 2008

On Thursday 07 August 2008 09:26:43 Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> On Thu, 7 Aug 2008 07:40:59 -0500

> Furthermore I think that project management needs for core are quite
> different to the one of contrib.

This is the only point that I think has much merit. Again, I'm not advocating
anything, but as our vcs and project management systems evolve, I think we
ought to keep the possibility of using different vcs mechanisms for core and
contrib in mind. There are certainly drawbacks, but given that the needs and
workflows are pretty different, it could, on balance, be beneficial to reflect
that in the underlying organization of the vcs.