[development] Choosing the N number for .install's hook_update_N

Morbus Iff morbus at disobey.com
Thu Aug 7 17:29:22 UTC 2008

> All of this is irrelevant as changing it now is a pointless exercise
> in complicating our lives for very little benefit. We'd have to
 > support multiple different version numbers which could result in
 > very strange issues down the line.

I'm not advocating that we change it technically. The current system
allows the developer to make the choice. I'd advocate against making it
a policy, however, to restart a version number for each core release.

--
Morbus Iff ( if god is my witness, god must be blind )
Enjoy: http://www.disobey.com/ and http://www.videounderbelly.com/