[development] Solving the dev->staging->live problem

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Sat Aug 9 16:50:05 UTC 2008

On 09 Aug 2008, at 6:31 PM, Yuval Hager wrote:

> I wish it was that simple. I'm afraid this is not to be solved on
> the database
> level alone. Some rows in the variable table might count for
> content, others
> for configuration. CCK, aka the-other-part-of-core, would be a
> impossible to
> dissect based on post-mortem DB analysis. The menu system can be
> argued
> about, etc.

Yes, i know. which is why we are having this discussion. I don't think
this can be solved from
outside of Drupal. We need the information in the code, the example i
gave was just a first
step that would replicate what we can do at the moment.

You also have nodes / users which might be part of configuration.