[development] Solving the dev->staging->live problem

Adrian Rossouw adrian at bryght.com
Sat Aug 9 20:43:35 UTC 2008

On 09 Aug 2008, at 10:31 PM, arthur wrote:

> That being said, I think it's pretty clear that many people in the
> Drupal community are really interested in a solution for this. A
> sense of agreement of how this problem could be tackled could really
> foster progress. Perhaps I'm being naive, but it does seem like some
> of the tools that various folks in the community are using are
> getting closer to being quite functional for lots of people. With
> some focused development time (a sprint perhaps?), it seems as
> though some of the more daunting pieces (reverting changes for
> example) might be approachable.
indeed, which is why we are having this discussion.

> Anyway, I was just hoping to bring some awareness to one of the
> tools that does exist now, and could potentially serve as a model to
> build from. Of course, I'm not even the author, so maybe Greg should
> chime in :)
If we intend to build from it, we need to identify the issues relating
to it, and the work required to make it work perfectly, which is all I
stated.

We need to inspect all the ways people are currently working around
this, so we can choose the best mechanism to focus on.