[development] Solving the dev->staging->live problem

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 10:33:49 UTC 2008

The serialization and unserialization of data is included in my
approach to the problem for the purposes of the independent
transmission of nodes from one system to another, as in the case of
one Drupal site availing itself of a node.save service on another
Drupal site.

It also has the purpose of guaranteeing insofar as is possible a text
version of all entities, configurations, including exported views,
content types, panels, hopefully menues and module configurations and
exported variables, for the purposes of continued version control and
hence deployment also (serialization to text, unserialization to
deployment objective).

Here of course, serialization and unserialization is not meant in the
php function sense, and could include marshaling and unmarshaling to
and from XML, and is a cross-language concept.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar