[development] Unique/Random IDs and drupal

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 11:20:40 UTC 2008

OK, but please all take into account that it is not necessarily the
best thing to tie the creation of the UUID to the database at all.

That would be a big mistake and bad design decision and continue the
kind of dependencies that need to be overcome.

There exist many independent UUID libraries (in Java, PHP, etc) as
described in the other thread.

Once created, the UUID of course will be persisted, so the rest of the
discussion is exceedingly fruitful, especially the use cases.

Victor Kane
http://awebfactory.com.ar