[development] Solving the dev->staging->live problem

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 19:38:27 UTC 2008

Your points are interestng, but I think there may be a lot to what
Greg Dunlap is recommending in terms of thinking in Drupal logic terms
and not database terms.

The image I have in my mind is that the database is kind of a
two-dimensional projection of three dimensions; that is, there may be
many hidden relationships in the process side of things that have to
be taken into account for deployment, especially since the database is
usually considered in purely MySql terms, that is, with fully
transparent relationships between tables.

But given concrete client driven circumstances, of course, in a given
instance with a given set of priorities, I can easily see how what you
are saying could make sense.

Victor