[development] Solving the dev->staging->live problem

Senpai senpai_san at mac.com
Tue Aug 12 05:13:27 UTC 2008

Yes Heyrocker, yes! I would love to see these issues being discussed
out in the open on the g.d.o. change management group! Everybody to
come over there!

Seriously though, the sheer amount of people who are striving for a
solution to this problem have hit critical mass this year. The very
email thread you are reading confirms it. It's not a problem that any
one of us, nor any single shop will be able to adequately solve simply
because of the sheer amount of use cases that seem to crop up every
time a developer cries, Eureka!" or " I have a module in the works for
that."

Let's begin discussions in earnest on the g.d.o. group or we will see
six contrib modules hit the streets at about the same time that are
all 90% cool. My thread on the proposed hook_configuration() is even
starting to lean towards a change management scenario. It's time,
people, it's time.
--
Joel Farris
"I'm not concerned about all hell breaking loose, but that a PART of