[development] What about reviewing patches?

Nathaniel Catchpole catch56 at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 13 19:13:48 UTC 2008

> Mhh.. what about (auto-)committing to a D7.x-next branch after two
> independent people have confirmed a patch as working? That would give the
> process of reviewing patches more resoluteness, also liberating the core CVS
> admins to decide what gets in and what not. Patches that don't proof as a
> problem in 7.x-next could then be cherry-picked to 7.x-dev...

No-one runs 7.x, it's fairly unstable and isn't supported for either
upgrades or security releases - and that's the case right up until
release candidate, so I'm not sure what you're suggesting here.

While commits are a bottleneck at the moment. Reviews are a bottleneck
/all the time/.

Nat

PS. 10/1 odds on that more people reply to this thread than review
patches over the next couple of days. I'd love to be wrong of course.