[development] What about reviewing patches?

Yuval Hager yuval at avramzon.net
Thu Aug 14 09:43:28 UTC 2008

On Thursday 14 August 2008, Frank Steiner wrote:
>  I'm not blaming
> module maintainers for this, since they might just not have enough time
> to care about all this or more important things (or "real life" :-)) to do
> or whatever.

Well, I do blame them. Responsible maintainers *should* respond within two
weeks to *any* bug they have on the issue queue. Any polite response would be
better than silence.

Only a handful of complicatedmodules can skip this rule, but we all know their
maintainers are responsible anyway :)

My own experience of Drupal core patches was also demotivating, where patches
were discussed to every minor detail, not always in a professional way, but
sometimes in a personal way, not without inappropriate comments or innuendos
here and there. I have not reviewed enough to claim this counts for
statistics, but it was enough to keep me away from core for a long time.

--
Yuval Hager
[@] yuval at avramzon.net