[development] What about reviewing patches?

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Thu Aug 14 18:22:42 UTC 2008

On Aug 14, 2008, at 8:15 PM, Derek Wright wrote:

> Given a single maintainer, I think the core development workflow
> should make more use of the patch spotlight[1] and be something like:
>
> - Dries says the 1-5 patches he cares about and is willing to follow
> and comment on at any given time.
> - People who want to help core work on those patches until they're
> *committed*.
> - i++;
>
> Just about anything else is a giant waste of time it seems.

This is an excellent workflow. If you look at core commit messages, it
isn't for lack of commits that things seem stalled.

In the time that people have been complaining here, our Chief
Bottleneck has committed 14 patches. A bit above average, but take the
time to scroll through the pages. You'll be impressed.

http://drupal.org/project/cvs/3060