[development] autocomplete.js and http error 0

Roger Leigh rleigh at northcountry.com
Thu Aug 21 00:41:30 UTC 2008

I'm working with an autocomplete text field in a module, and some users
were getting an alert error, "An HTTP error 0 occured".

I was finally able to reproduce this error, not only on my form but on a
standard CCK form as well; if you click the form submit button while the
autocomplete is retrieving entries (the 'blue wheel' is present), it
triggers the error. Surprisingly, I couldn't find a lot of info on a
drupal search, though I did see some related reports in other projects.

Looking at the autocomplete.js file, I see the alert at line 285.
Obviously I can change it here, but always hate to hack the core.

Any ideas?

Regards,

Roger