[development] A streamlined way to develop core patches

Gordon Heydon gordon at heydon.com.au
Sun Dec 7 12:46:49 UTC 2008

Hi,

I also have a git repository of core, and I also have every
contributed modules and themes in there own git repositories as well.

The problem that I found was that gitweb falls over with that many
repositories. So over christmas I am going to be writing up a
replacement for gitweb which will scale to cover all the projects in
contrib.

The main reason I am building this is not for this huge number of git
repositories but so that I can give my clients a methods to view their
updates and changes on the current system which the git repository is
a part of.

I am going to split out the repository browser out so that other
modules can register repositories and then browser to them.

I will see how I go. All going well I will drop a line on development.

Gordon.