[development] Old module update functions

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Mon Dec 8 20:26:29 UTC 2008

Drupal core does keep the code for two major version updates. However,
that full 2-version upgrade path is not well-tested since core
developers rarely do it. Updates sometimes use the API at the time,
and the API can change. This could potentially be covered by unit
tests. So go ahead and try upgrading 2-versions if you need to, but
keep a backup.

For modules, you should provide what you can support. Keeping 2 major
releases is a good place to start, but feel free to do what works for
you and your module's users.

-Neil

On Mon, Dec 8, 2008 at 10:32 AM, Arancaytar
<arancaytar.ilyaran at gmail.com> wrote:

--
Neil Drumm
http://delocalizedham.com