[development] new module notifications

FGM fgm at osinet.fr
Tue Dec 23 13:37:01 UTC 2008

I suggest http://drupal.org/taxonomy/term/14/0/feed

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ashraf Amayreh" <mistknight at gmail.com>
To: <development at drupal.org>
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 2:34 PM
Subject: [development] new module notifications

Hello all,

Excuse me if the functionality I'm asking about already exists, but is there
a way to get notifications or updates of new modules? I was talking today
with a friend and he was telling me about this new module, he said that it
was just added yesterday. I thought it would have been great if I got some
notification (mailing list? subscription? etc)

With the explosive number of modules that encompass all functionality, I
sometimes feel sorry when I develop something and find that some module had
already implemented it. Searching is not always an answer too, as some
modules are just glue and utility modules and won't usually be something
you'd intuitively search for.

Is there something like this in place?

--
Ashraf Amayreh