[development] Clean urls openSUSE 11.0 Drupal 6.8

rsw-ml at silverarc.biz rsw-ml at silverarc.biz
Fri Dec 26 07:29:37 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I have been trying to solve this issue since long, and now I badly need
your help.

My clean url's just dont seem to get enabled, on the Administer page for
Clean URL's, it says this:

Your system configuration does not currently support this feature. The
handbook page on Clean URLs has additional troubleshooting information.

And to change my system configurations for apache, I have done all this:

1. I have checked under phpinfo() that my mod_rewrite module is enabled.
It sure is enabled.
2. My .htacces file looks like this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteBase drupal6
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ index.php?q=$1 [L,QSA]

3. I have also made changes in default-server.conf file, to AllowOverride
All under the script for the root document. It looks like this:
DocumentRoot "/srv/www/htdocs"

#
# Configure the DocumentRoot
#
<Directory "/srv/www/htdocs">
        # Possible values for the Options directive are "None", "All",
        # or any combination of:
        #   Indexes Includes FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch ExecCGI
MultiViews
        #
        # Note that "MultiViews" must be named *explicitly* --- "Options All"
        # doesn't give it to you.
        #
        # The Options directive is both complicated and important.  Please
see
        # http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.2/mod/core.html#options
        # for more information.
        Options None
        # AllowOverride controls what directives may be placed in
.htaccess files.
        # It can be "All", "None", or any combination of the keywords:
        #   Options FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
        AllowOverride All
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

I would like to mention here that I have created an alias for drupal6 that
resides under my public_html folder. The reason for this is that: My
themes were not working properly until i created an alias. i really dont
know the exact reason for the same - would be great if anyone would throw
some light on it. Actually, I just had a feeling that may be site is not
liking the '~' sign in the path and hence is not redirecting properly. So
it was just a try and to my pleasant surprise the alias option did work
for me!

Alias /drupal6 "/home/radhikaw/public_html/drupal6"

<Directory "/home/radhikaw/public_html/drupal6">
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

When I tried to AllowOverride All in the alias script, it said Access
forbidden!!
So, I changed it back to None in the Alias script.

Anyways, but the whole issue is that I am not able to enable clean urls....

Hope to get some help soon!

Thanks in advance!!
Radhika