[development] Drupal 6.x hook_menu question regarding use of wildcards - Resolved

Ron Parker sysop at scbbs.com
Fri Feb 15 21:33:46 UTC 2008

Yes, thank you.  That answers my question.  I had to re-think my
approach.  For others who stumble with this as I have, the solution is
to write your own callbacks customized to process the wildcard value and
return the value you want.  That's what I did below with
'agenda_page_title' and '_agenda_list':

<?php
function agenda_menu() {
  $items = array();

  $items['node/agenda/list/%node'] = array(
    'title callback' => 'agenda_page_title',
    'title arguments' => array(3, 'List agenda items for: '),
    'page callback' => '_agenda_list',
    'page arguments' => array(3),
    'access callback' => 'user_access',
    'access arguments' => array('view agenda'),
    'type' => MENU_CALLBACK
  );

  return $items;
}

function _agenda_list($node) {
  return agenda_list($node->nid);
}

function agenda_page_title($node, $text) {
  $return = $text . $node->title;
  return $return;
}
?>