[development] Any solution for solving DB reserved word conflict?

David Durham, Jr. david.durham.jr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 17:18:13 UTC 2008

> Totally correct. Each DB come with its specific delimited identifiers,
> e.g. ` (MySQL), " (PostgreSQL, Oracle, DB2, SQLite), [ ] (MSSQL). So
> what I am proposing in http://drupal.org/node/371 is quite simple: use
> an universal token, as like as the idea of { } for table prefix.

Well, I see you're already on the right track.  I should have read
that first ... :)      One thing to keep in mind is that delimited
identifiers are case sensitive per the SQL standard.  That's probably
not an issue, I just didn't see it brought up, and it's something to
be aware of.  This is something that an ORM deals with easily because
it already has the concept of identifiers.

-Dave