[development] Module developers, please do *proper* releases !

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Mon Feb 18 17:23:56 UTC 2008

On Monday, 18. February 2008, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> [snip]
> I think it is in the right of drupal infrastructure team to impose
> minimum requirement so that your module is hosted and advertised on
> drupal infrastructure and associated with drupal project.

Definitely. Note that I don't argue against enforcing releases on drupal.org
when that's considered a good thing by the infrastructure people.
(Personally, I try to release often enough so that *-dev releases shouldn't be
required at all.)

I was just speaking out against the statement that open source always implies
responsibilities towards the user base. It sometimes does, and drupal.org can
enforce rules that makes life nicer for the user base, but in general this
statement does not apply, imho.

That's what I wanted to express, nothing more.