[development] Module developers, please do *proper* releases !

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Mon Feb 18 18:16:05 UTC 2008

The Drupal Association and the Security have discussed off and on how
to improve the security of Contrib and the effectiveness of our update
mechanism. And you are right that we are considering changes to how
modules without stable releases are listed on drupal.org. We also
discussed how update module should handle them. You can bet that any
changes we make will further marginalize these modules, since they
operate outside of update module which is a very bad thing.