[development] view filter on 3 or 4 zip code digits

Brett Evanson brettev at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:11:32 UTC 2008

I have a view that is pulling back a list of nodes. Right now, I can filter
them based on a full 5 digit zip code. However, I don't have enough nodes
right now to make that a good idea. There will be lots of zip codes that
come back with empty results. My question is, can I make it only use the
first 3 or 4 digits of the zip, and use a wild card for the 4th and/or 5th?
Can I use a * in the search? Could I just swap out the last digit(s) of the
user input with a *?

--

Brett Evanson

 <mailto:brettev at gmail.com> brettev at gmail.com