[development] jpegs not resolving after Drupal initialization

Tomas J. Fulopp - Vacilando.org tomi at vacilando.org
Sat Feb 23 00:49:38 UTC 2008

Hi friends,

I have been battling with a bad problem of non-resolving jpeg images in
PHP in my module Brilliant Gallery. It only happens in some systems.

I then found this problem is independent of Brilliant Gallery -- it
happens even if you open a static jpeg and then output it to browser.

After many evenings of investigating this I have found that it happens
after running Drupal's initialization:
|drupalize();
function drupalize() {
while (!@stat('./includes/bootstrap.inc')) {
   chdir ('..');
}
require_once './includes/bootstrap.inc';
drupal_bootstrap(DRUPAL_BOOTSTRAP_FULL);
}|

I have noticed - though I am not sure it is related, that after said
initialization the 'Expires' header is set to 1978 - is that normal?

Could you please have a quick look at
http://drupal.org/node/186863#comment-742674 ... I have described my
test precisely, with header dumps before said initialization and after
it, so you will see all the differences.

Hope some of you have some experience with this or related problem and
will be able to help me -- and many other users. (I'd be so happy to get
this working before travelling to Drupalcon!)

Thanks!!

Tomáš (vacilando)
http://www.vacilando.eu