[development] Making blocks from some setting in Drupal 7?

Moshe Weitzman weitzman at tejasa.com
Sat Feb 23 20:59:09 UTC 2008

Noone *likes* having function calls there. It is just a necessity if
you don't want to render and query and do all kinds of work that will
never be emitted on the page. So please try to come up with an
alternative instead of voicing an aestetic objection that is shared by
everyone.

Theme engines that don't allow function calls in the template are free
to organize themselves as they wish and thus just pass variables like
we do today.