[development] Making blocks from some setting in Drupal 7?

matt at mattfarina.com matt at mattfarina.com
Mon Feb 25 14:35:52 UTC 2008

After a couple days thinking about this I have to agree and this fits
the PAC and MVC paradigms. t() is used for translations which is part
of the presentation layer. theme() calls are, also, part of the
presentation layer. So, I can see both of these making perfect sense
in .tpl.php files.

And, now that I've started to use regions in more unconventional ways,
like embedding the region in the node.tpl.php file[1], I can see not
wanting to build all regions on every page load.

[1] https://www.innovatingtomorrow.net/2007/12/11/how-embed-region-node