[development] A Git mirror for Drupal CVS

Jakob Petsovits jpetso at gmx.at
Mon Feb 25 23:38:38 UTC 2008

On Tuesday, 26. February 2008, Larry Garfield wrote:
> [...]
[snip]

> Except for those people who do checkout anonymously from core for various
> reasons and don't want to have to deal with yet another RCS with completely
> different semantics...

Arguably, this is a prime example of where the git-cvs bridge would actually
help instead of complicating stuff. (Can be set up in a backwards-compatible
way, no documentation changes needed in order to keep working, doesn't
complicate the process for contrib authors.)

Given that core has probably the largest number of patches that were not
authored by the committer, and is generally developed in a more Linux-style
fashion (few gatekeepers, many branches and patches from outside - as opposed
to contrib), I tend to like this proposal and think that core is probably the
place where distributed version control would be most helpful.

--Jakob Petsovits