[development] Getting both better internal and external APIs intoDrupal 7

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jan 3 16:19:51 UTC 2008

Quoting Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com>:

>> Not sure I agree that compound words should be avoided...If they add
>> clarity....
>>

> This is where we disagree. See Earnie Boyd's suggestions earlier in this
> thread
> and the replies to them. I don't agree with Earnie here, and agree with the
> counter
> arguments.
>
> e.g. "Install profile" and "user profile". Too much overloading of terms
> with qualifiers.
>
> KISS.

I do disagree with avoiding compound words for module names and for
this case finding any use of profile with the word user without being
specific is tough which is why I was hounding on the subject.  You have
to use "user profile" in the quotes within Google's search form to find
any use of the term.  But I'm alright with stating that the use of the
word profile within the Drupal Framework always relates to user.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/