[development] drupal.se for sale

Sean Newman newman.sean.c at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 17:17:17 UTC 2008

Yes Victor, It doesn't matter if its a .org .com or some country code TLD as
in this case. Once there is trademark infringement and 'bad faith' use then
its cybersquatting. And no it may not be 'illegal' but ICANN and country
code registrars have dispute policies set up for exactly this case when
someone tries to hijack a TM name and sell it for huge profits. All Dries or
the DA has to do is contact the .se registry (I think that that is
http://iis.se), and find out about their dispute resolution policy. It might
cost about 1,500 or 2,000 (not sure) to file a complaint, but the squatter
would stand no chance. Once he tried to sell it for thousands, it is clear
'bad faith', not to mention TM infringement. And yes he can be sued for
misuse and TM infringement by Dries if Dries so chooses. It really is
incredibly naive and frankly quite stupid to  register a TM domain and then
try to sell it back for profits. Imagine if he registered pepsi.se or
microsoft.se and then tried to sell it for thousands of dollars. He'd get a
lawsuit faster than he could say the word 'lawsuit'.

Sean