[development] gearing up for a Drupal 6 RC2 on monday (Jan 7)

Gábor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Fri Jan 4 19:40:48 UTC 2008

Hello World,

I am planning/preparing to release Drupal 6.0 RC2 on Monday (7th January).

Right now, we are at a total of 6 critical issues, two of which are
user experience issues (hiding textareas and the teaser splitter), two
are database issues (improper indexes were added in RC1, user_save()
misbehaves with improper data), and we have a search issue and an
update.php memory limit issue. I hope to see even more testers around
the patches presented, and eventually have "many" of these fixed by
the time RC2 is rolled.

I crafted an announcement node for RC2, although it was quite hard to
come up with a list of issues fixed since RC1 in human terms, since
most of the issues are quite obscure, only occurring under weird
circumstances: http://drupal.org/drupal-6.0-rc2 Polishing this up is
also appreciated.

The shrinking criticals queue also means that we are getting really
close to the final release (unless major bugs surface). So if you are
module / theme maintainers, feel free to jump on the opportunity to
update your contributions. :)

Translators will have new templates generated, as RC2 has a (really)
small number of string changes, which were necessary to make. As it
looks from the criticals queue, fixing some bugs will require more
small additions to strings.

Gabor