[development] Reminder: Drupal Association application deadline is January 10th

Greg Knaddison greg at pingvox.com
Sun Jan 6 22:56:01 UTC 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 7:42 PM, Bevan Rudge <bevan at lucion.co.nz> wrote:
> Admittedly I haven't read the statutes.  But I don't think I should

Well, I agree with what Addi/Gerhard said here...

> I don't want to be on the board.
> I want to be able to vote on the DA board elections.
> I don't mind if I have a vote in other key decisions the board makes
> or not (I trust the board members that I would vote for).
> I am already quite involved with the community and consider myself an
> ambassador.

I think a lot of people are in the position that you are.  They feel
that they are doing a lot for Drupal, they want to be part of any
decision making the general assembly does, they want to be more
informed about the things that happen inside the Board o' Directors,
but they don't want to sign up for 15+ hours of work in a month.  Note
that the expectation for Permanent Members is still 5 hours/month.

I guess that we will find out in this round of
applications/acceptances a bit more about where the line is drawn
between "active participant who is respected in the community" and "oh
yeah, you also get to vote."  Also, I think Earl's recent email on
this topic is quite informative - as he said "Permanent members 'get'
voting privileges, but it's a job."

Regards,
Greg

--