[development] Reminder: Drupal Association application deadline is January 10th

Neil Drumm drumm at delocalizedham.com
Mon Jan 7 06:37:04 UTC 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 5:20 PM, Augustin (Beginner)
<drupal.beginner at wechange.org> wrote:

> What election method are you going to use?
> You said you'd look into it, but I am still waiting for an official
> answer.
>
> I *very much hope* it won't be Plurality Voting.
> http://drupal.org/node/203039#comment-674344
> As explained there, Approval Voting is simple, and VERY good election
> method and does not contradict the Statutes.

The votes are yes/no on each application to be a permanent or board
member. The Drupal Association Statuses, available at
http://association.drupal.org/about/statutes-and-internal-regulations,
describes how our elections must conducted to be legal.

Article 7, section 2 explains admission for permanent members:
"The General Assembly shall, by a two-thirds (2/3) vote of the voting
members, present in person or by proxy (by two-thirds majority of
those present or of the proxy members), decide on the actual admission
of the Permanent Member."

Article 18 explains admission for board members:
"The members of the Board of Directors shall be appointed by the
General Assembly and may be removed at any time by the General
Assembly. For both cases, a two-thirds (2/3) majority vote of the
present or represented members is required."

For responsibilities within the board of directors, such as
fundraising, article 11 states:
"It is the Board of Directors, not the General Assembly, which decides
over the assignment of offices within the Board of Directors."
The GA is not voting directly on board positions; it is possible to
elect board members who want to take on overlapping responsibilities.
For example, this happened last year, Zack and Kieran ended up both
being listed as fundraisers at
http://association.drupal.org/about/staff.

--
Neil Drumm