[development] Admin Notes

Aaron Winborn winborn at advomatic.com
Mon Jan 7 21:20:17 UTC 2008

This module idea (for Admin Notes) is one I've wanted for some time.
Before I add this, can folks let me know if something like this already
exists? Any comments, ideas, or criticisms?

This would be useful for developers, admins & editors to add development
notes to individual pages and views, easily visible and accessible
directly from a page or menu tree in question.

Thanks,
Aaron Winborn
Advomatic

// $Id: README.txt,v 1.1 2008/01/07 21:14:19 aaron Exp $

The Admin Notes module creates a block that displays a comment followed
by a form. The form contains a textarea pre-filled with the existing
comment.

Each comment is associated with a page, and any child pages in that menu
tree. Any parent comments will be displayed above the current page
comment (if any).

For example:

on the /articles page:

Admin Notes
===========
This page is created with a view.
It lists all nodes of the article type.

------------------------
+ This page is created +
+ with a view. It      +
+ lists all nodes of   +
+ the article type.    +
------------------------

Submit      Delete

-------------------------------

on the /articles/2008 page:

Admin Notes
===========
(grayed text, from parent page)
(This page is created with a view.)
(It lists all nodes of the article type.)

This view lists all articles published
in 2008.

+ This view lists all  +
+ articles published   +