[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Khalid Baheyeldin kb at 2bits.com
Wed Jan 16 17:00:34 UTC 2008

On Jan 16, 2008 11:23 AM, <matt at mattfarina.com> wrote:

> > No one is advocating that Drupal be MySQL only. No one is advocating
> > that we rip out PostgreSQL support from Drupal.
>
> I've read where Karoly wrote that we should be mysql only. Not arguing
> either way. Just pointing out there are those who think we should be
> mysql only.

We had 3 PostgreSQL maintainers in the last 3 years. All of them left.
This leaves PostgreSQL in Limbo, not really a first class citizen, but
neither
officially abandoned, and hold back patches.

So the problem is the current status quo.

I am sure Karoly will be happy if a real maintainer shows up and stays.
So the problem of delaying MySQL patches is gone. He wants database
agnosticism too, but not the current status.
--
Khalid M. Baheyeldin
2bits.com, Inc.