[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Ken Rickard agentrickard at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 03:31:59 UTC 2008

Patch reviewers could also be diligent about setting the 'Components' flag
'postgresql database' on issues that need pgSQL review.

Then people can run advanced search from:

http://drupal.org/project/issues/search/drupal

There are currently only 2 such current [1] issues tagged for rc2 or 6.x-dev
.

- Ken Rickard
agentrickard

[1] Where current issues states are other than closed, duplicate, won't fix,
or by design.

On Jan 16, 2008 5:20 PM, Khalid Baheyeldin <kb at 2bits.com> wrote:

> > > advocating
> > >
> > > I've read where Karoly wrote that we should be mysql only.
> > > Not arguing either way. Just pointing out there are those who
> > > think we should be mysql only.
> >
> > Supporting more than MySQL is important, especially for
> > larger/integration
> > projects. If Drupal did not have PostGreSQL support "1 year 42 weeks"
> > ago,
> > me and possibly some others would probably not be here today.
> >
> > Please don't mistake cause and effect. I still believe that there *are*
> > enough postgres-guys already. However, there is no list for
> > postgres-related
> > issues that can be accessed easily.
> >

> Are you aware of this list? http://groups.drupal.org/node/6980

DON'T MISS EARTH'S LARGEST GATHERING OF DRUPAL PROFESSIONALS!
Drupalcon Boston 2008 · March 3-6, 2008
Learn more at http://boston2008.drupalcon.org
Affordable sponsorship packages available