[development] Think there's a security problem in your module? Here's what to do.

Derek Wright drupal at dwwright.net
Fri Jan 18 11:56:32 UTC 2008

On Jan 18, 2008, at 3:37 AM, Gerhard Killesreiter wrote:

> Yeah, I am quite overwhelmed too. I think this is cannons on sparrows.

*sigh*  I guess neither of you actually read what I wrote.  Lemme
quote the part you seem to have skimmed, and I'll add emphasis for
clarity:

On Jan 18, 2008, at 1:08 AM, Derek Wright wrote:
> IF we wanted to get REALLY CRAZY, we COULD START to EXPERIMENT with
> distributed revision control ... to help manage private repos for
> _SOME_ of the projects on SEC.d.o.

> Could work great ... but that would depend at the very least on
> people helping to complete the to-do list here:
>
> http://groups.drupal.org/node/8102
>
> and then implementing other versioncontrol API backend modules for
> whatever tool(s) they wanted to be able to use for this.

This could certainly take 3 years or so, depending on who has this
itch and is willing/able to scratch it.

Forget I even mentioned this.  It was an off-the-cuff comment about
"someday how it could all work".  If you haven't learned by now, I
tend to get big dreams, write them all up into the Grand Plan, then
figure out what's realistic, and start finding a way to make it
happen, at least the parts of the Grand Plan I personally care
about.  This particular detail of how I've been fleshing in
webchick's proposal is at the very bottom of the list of things I
care about, so don't expect me to work on it anytime soon, if ever.
CVS + rsync + patches in the private issue queues are all I care
about for now.

It's so reassuring to know that people will always focus on the least
important aspects of what I write and bend them all out of shape and
proportion. ;)

Cheers,
-Derek (dww)