[development] A new way to administer Drupal

Karoly Negyesi karoly at negyesi.net
Sun Jan 20 20:08:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

there is now a dropzone.module in my sandbox
http://cvs.drupal.org/viewvc.py/drupal/contributions/sandbox/chx

It provides a block where you can add "stuff" and then there can be
certain things you can do with it (the "stuff" is persisted in
session). I have implemented menu reparenting as an example. The idea
behind this is that you already have various navigation tools in your
site and such an admin block lets you use all those to find the item
you want to admin and, in this case, the parent as well. Another fine
example could be comment mover. Taxonomy terms parenting. And so on.

As the name suggests drag-and-drop would be a welcome addition to this module.

I am really curious what people think about it. Note: it's very alpha.
Using it on a production site will destroy said site.

Regards,

NK