[development] A new way to administer Drupal

Jerad Bitner sirkitree at gmail.com
Sun Jan 20 22:14:25 UTC 2008

Interesting. I tried this out. I really like the whole idea of collecting
things in a block to  have some sort of access to on an unrelated page. I
noticed how you can use this to move menu items about, I'm just unsure why
it would be more useful then the current drag-and-drop system in
/admin/build/menu.

I tried this out by installing, enabling the Dropzone block on the right,
going to /admin/build/, clicked the "Menu item Site building in navigation"
radio that appears in the Dropzone, and clicked "Add". I then went to
/admin/settings and clicked the button "Move below current item in
navigation" and it was succesfully moved. Now you could get to /admin/build
from within admin/settings. Then I tried moving it back and the order was
out of whack, so that when I go to /admin, instead of seeing the "Site
Building" on the right hand column, "Site configuration" is the first item
on the right instead.

I cannot see any use for the "Path .." radio button.

If someone were to build a drag-and-drop interface for this, what sort of
items would you be limited to using? If it was pretty much anything, images,
node areas, or whatever... and the module gave you a block to keep multiple
items, or a 'collection' of things, I could see a better use for this
module.

I'm wondering what you envision this module better enabling someone to do?

~Jerad