[development] So why we do support postgresql?

Peter Wolanin pwolanin at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 15:01:34 UTC 2008

As we all know, patches speak louder than words in  terms of affecting
change in the Drupal.  To take a step in this direction, here's an
issue:

http://drupal.org/node/212918

The attached patch makes MySQL use its ANSI mode.   I marked it as a
feature request for 6.x, I'll let someone else decide if this should
really be a 6.x bug, or a 7.x feature.  This should move core (but
especially contrib module) developers in the right direction at least
by breaking obviously non-ANSI-compliant SQL.  I don't see any obvious
problems with core when applying this patch with PHP 4.4, MySQL 5.0,
but my testing is minimal so far.

-Peter