[development] What does IE8 mean for Drupal?

Victor Kane victorkane at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 15:30:02 UTC 2008

This is an interesting point.

One would think, that in the scheme of clean separation between
presentation and business logic (code) layers, the choice of quirk
mode would fit into the presentation layer.

But I feel this is more than a presentation question, the decision to
go XHTML/CSS standards compliant crosses the gray line into an
architectural decision for a given site or web application. That's why
I don't see it as a purely presentation design issue.

And what about sites that have optional themes, or are multi-themes?

Of course, I think the theme should be able to override too.

On a practical level, the decision would be made in an early iteration
of the development cycle, to go standards compliant, and then there
might be a whole succession of themes or even parrallel theme
development. I would want to avoid obligatory redundancy there.

That's what I was thinking.

Victor Kane
http://