[development] Drupal could be 10x times faster with correctindexing (no flame war)

Larry Garfield larry at garfieldtech.com
Tue Jul 1 14:57:32 UTC 2008

On Tue, 1 Jul 2008 10:16:04 +0100, "Nathaniel Catchpole" <catch56 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 10:07 AM, Jean-Michel Pouré  wrote:
>
>> Le mardi 01 juillet 2008 à 03:11 -0400, Khalid Baheyeldin a écrit :
>> > So, if you want proper PostgreSQL support, then start testing and
>> > submitting
>> > patches, AND continue to do so in the long term, not just for a month
>> > or two.
>>
>> I will try, as Drupal is a crutial issue for our community.
>> Kind regards, JMP
>>
>> If you're looking for somewhere to get stuck in, we maintain a list of
> issues needing review on PostgreSQL here:
> http://groups.drupal.org/node/6980
>
> It's by no means complete, but a good place to start.
>
> Nat

And please note the very first item on that list.  The new Database API layer is designed to make supporting multiple databases easier, but right now it's stalled on lack of people who can help test the Postgres driver.  If you know Postgres and PDO, we need your help to carry this thing home!

--Larry Garfield