[development] Drupal could be 10x times faster with correct indexing

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Wed Jul 9 13:05:27 UTC 2008

Quoting Michael Haggerty <mhaggerty-lists at trellon.com>:

> What's ironic about this discussion is the PostGres developer base is
>  growing at a faster rate than MySQL and adoption is increasing for a
>  number of other FOSS projects. At some point, I think demand for
> PostGres implementations is going to grow to the point where the
> systemic issues are going to have to go away for Drupal. These kinds
> of problems are not solved quickly or easily, but hopefully it helps
> knowing other people have faced the same challenges and been
> successful at achieving performance goals.

I've kept quiet about this but IMO the index issue plagues MySql
implementations just as badly.  Especially for the InnoDB engine.  I've
had to remove and add indexes on various tables to help improve the
performance.  I've just not had the time to put together those changes
toward a patch.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/