[development] Drupal could be 10x times faster with correct indexing

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Jul 10 12:18:52 UTC 2008

Quoting David Timothy Strauss <david at fourkitchens.com>:

> ----- "Earnie Boyd" <earnie at users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
>> Especially for the InnoDB engine.
>
> How would index issues particularly affect the InnoDB engine?

Performance and the size of the index file.  My reference is for Drupal
5 and I do not know what may have changed for Drupal 6 yet but there
are a number of duplicated indexes on some of the tables.  A column
might be used as the first position in combination with another column
to create an index and also be declared an index alone.  This becomes a
duplicate index and isn't needed.  Some tables do not have unique or
primary key identifiers a big performance hit.

Earnie -- http://for-my-kids.com/
-- http://give-me-an-offer.com/