[development] HTML emails

Matt Connolly matt at cabinetuk.com
Mon Jul 21 11:03:57 UTC 2008

That's a great spec for constructing multi part messages, but it
doesn't really go in to HTML at all.

Is there a standard, for example, for using content-inline-disposition
links to use an attached image in the html document?

Does HTML email conform to HTML3 HTML4 XHTML1.0, etc?

Anyway, I agree that the data should remain structured for as long
possible. Perhaps drupal can detect if there's a string (or array of
strings) then it's an old school email, or if it's a keyed array of
attributes, then construct the multipart message, using drupal render
to a default theme or theme function (perhaps specified by a '#theme'
key).

-Matt